Friday 18 May 2012

summer wish list


Hurry up summer! I can't stop dreaming of being able to wear shorts and skirts without the need for thick tights and to be able to venture outside without having to debate whether to bring my umbrella or not. However, on the other hand, I don't know if I'm quite ready to have to keep my legs stubble free 24/7 and to keep my toe nails prim and painted (mmm cold and rain is good for laziness)... So to try and get in the mood for summer (how is it nearly June?!) I've put together a little wish list of more summer appropriate bits and bobs.
  • Now I 100% don't need any more nail varnish but this doesn't stop me wanting this incredible turquoise polish from Essie. It doesn't look like much in the bottle but definitely Google some swatches as it's so beautiful on. I'd happily wear this on my fingers and toes all summer.
  • This daisy print jacket would look perfect with some high waisted denim shorts and little sandals for a stroll in the park. It's also really handy to have a little summer jacket like this around as, well... the English summer weather can be unpredictable to say the least.
  • I'm really enjoying using my No7 BB Cream again at the moment and it's the only one I've tried so I'm keen to give some other ones a go. I loves Origins skincare and I like to think that this would not only make my skin look brilliant while it was on, but make my skin healthier in the long run. I've heard some great reviews of this too!
  • These wedges from River Island would be great to wear out at night in the summer. I'm not going to pretend that I'll stop wearing black in the warmer months as that would just not be true - these wedges would look great with black leggings and a black tunic!
  • I actually think this Monki blouse would look great with the River Island wedges. This would also be fab over denim shorts or again with leggings if it's a little chillier.
  • This skirt makes me want to go on holiday so much! The idea of wearing a little white cami tucked in to this and then walking down a beach barefoot is my idea of heaven right now. The print is beautiful.
  • I can't really put my finger on what I love about these earrings from Urban Outfitters but I just think they're a really interesting shape. In the summer I scrape my hair up in to a bun a lot and I think dangly earrings can look great when your hair's up.
  • If you read my post a few days ago (which you can look at here) then you'll know that I'm obsessed with lip products at the moment. I really want one of these sheer gloss sticks from Estee Lauder but I don't know if I'd be able to decide which colour - they all look so pretty!
What's on your summer wish list?

xx

28 comments:

  1. I just want to buy all the gorgeous summer clothes in the shops- sooo want to go on holiday but not sure if I even am this year, sob! I'd like to try some Essie polish too, checked out the new stand in my local boots and wanted so many!
    http://lardygrub.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I know, I haven't had a chance to book a holiday yet but I have to go! Need some proper sun x

      Delete
  2. So many amazing things! Love that skirt and the Essie nail polish. I have a few things on my summer wishlist too like the Bourjois bronzer, Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume and a few other goodies need to do a post about it too xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mm, yes - a nice new summer perfume would be lovely too... I'll add that to my list haha x

      Delete
    2. Ahaha I'm glad you will lovely, it smells delicious! xx

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous picks! I love the lipstick & nail polish colours. The skirt is a beauty, too! XO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah I know, too many nice things to tempt us! x

      Delete
  4. I just went on a summer shopping spree and there were so many cute things out there!


    Emily
    eageremily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah don't rub it in, I'm counting down the seconds until pay day haha x

      Delete
  5. great choices :) I just bought that Essie colour from Boots and I love it - put it on my nails today and it makes me feel summery in all this horrible weather! I also really wanna try the origins BB cream, I've never tried any of their products but I'm getting more and more tempted! haha
    xx

    http://freckles-chippednails.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Essie polish is such a gorgeous colour isn't it :) x

      Delete
    2. I think its better than Mint Candy Apple which seems to be everyones favourite Essie pale green :) xx

      Delete
  6. Awesome wishlist! I especially love those wedges! Wish we had a River Island over here. Do you have Pinterest? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those earrings but they are £12 :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think that's too bad as long as you wear them a lot to justify it haha ;) mm cost per wear can justify anything haha x

      Delete
  8. Nice skirt! New follower;)

    Lili, http://natcosmetics.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. great beauty blog you've got here!
    I'm hosting a £500 competition for Next on my blog
    http://www.glitzngrime.com/2012/05/win-500-with-next-and-glitz-grime.html
    It would be great if you could enter as it's such a massive prize.

    Sheree xx

    www.glitzngrime.com
    glitzngrime@hotmail.co.uk
    @shereemilli

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely summer wishlist, adoring those wedges.
    I'm wanting some coloured or printed jeans, want to jump on that bandwagon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yes floral/tropical print ones would be nice! x

      Delete
  11. Love the wedges and lipstick - will definitely be adding these to my list x

    josieowen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I know, I love the wedges especially! Will definitely get these next pay check ! x

      Delete
  12. I love the wedges and earrings :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really want to try out the Origins BB cream.x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous wish list! :) Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...