Thursday 17 May 2012

face of the day: natalie from made in chelsea


Haha can I point out that I don't have a wrinkly forehead or one eyebrow higher than the other...  I just seem to have  to raise one eyebrow when I smile for a picture and this is usually hidden by my fringe - nice!
When I was watching Made in Chelsea on Monday night (oh the drama!) I was thinking to myself how lovely some of the girls' make up looked. Millie, Louise and Natalie especially always manage to look so natural and pretty and, like me, they're a lover of all things neutral when it comes to eye make up. In particular, I really liked Natalie's make up on Monday night's programme. Natural glowy skin with very slightly defined upper lashes - beautiful! Obviously this is just an inspired look so I'm never going to look quite as flawless or have locks that bouncy and flowing (sigh) but I'd thought I'd give it a shot.

As I said all the girls in Made in Chelsea have such glowing and healthy looking skin so after applying the Rimmel Fix and Perfect Pro Primer I used a combination of the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in 51 and the No7 Beautiful Skin BB Cream for Normal/Dry Skin in Fair. Now normally I would perhaps just use the No7 BB Cream but over the past few days my skin has gone crazy (I think due to the stress of exams and eating naughty things) so I just wanted a little extra coverage but still with the finish of a BB cream. Also as I wanted a little more coverage I used a traditional flat foundation brush which I very rarely do. Usually I always use a buffing brush or stippling brush for my foundation but I find a traditional foundation brush really allows you to lay more product on to the skin and hide any unwanted areas more effectively.

To conceal my gazillion spots and in particular the really nice volcano right in the centre of my forehead I used my Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair. Then for under my eyes and around my nose I chose the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in Ivory. I find that this is great for the under eye area as it really brightens any darkness. Finally to finish off my foundation and concealer I took a very small brush and only powdered the areas that need to stay in place such as around my nose, under my eyes and any spots. For this I used the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Translucent.

Step two in getting the perfect Made in Chelsea skin definitely requires some bronzer. When don't you see the girls with a healthy looking tan? As I haven't jetted off to Dubai any time recently (or ever for that matter) I made do with using some Soleil Tan de Chanel. Natalie doesn't have much contouring so I simply used a stippling brush to apply the bronzer all over my cheeks and up to my temples rather than creating any more of a defined structure. To carry on the bronzey cheek theme I used a little bit of tangerine coloured blusher. The one I actually used is a very old one I found in my blusher collection by L'Oreal Paris but after a little look on the internet I don't actually think it's available any more and all the information has rubbed off the back... Anything tangerine or peachy coloured will do on the cheeks but don't use too much as Natalie doesn't seem to be wearing much blusher at all (I had to restrain myself as if you've read my blog before you may have realised that I can be quite heavy handed on the cheeks!) To be honest you could probably leave out any blusher but this is something I'd definitely struggle to do haha.

I kept my brows very simple and natural looking by using my trusty Clinique Superfine Liner for Brows in Soft Blonde to just fill in any gaps and extend them a bit. I didn't really change my natural brow shape as I didn't want them to look unnatural or drawn on. I then slicked a little ELF Wet Gloss Lash and Brow Clear Mascara on to keep any unruly hairs in place.


On to the eyes! This was actually what I liked most about her make up. It doesn't look like much but that's the genius of it - it's so simple it's perfect haha! I also love how round Natalie's eyes are and I really think she knows how to work with her eye shape, she makes them look even wider and prettier. First I swept a little of the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Ivory all across my lids just to even the colour of them out. I then put some of Urban Decay's Naked Eyeshadow in to the outer part of my crease and blended thoroughly as I only wanted the tiniest amount of definition here. Along my upper lash line I then used an Avon Colour Trend Kajal Stick in Brown. To make my eyes appear rounder I only took the eye liner about two thirds of the way along my lash line and made sure that it was thickest in the middle of the line as this can make your eyes appear wider. I chose brown instead of black as I didn't want a harsh black line and I also used my ring finger to smudge the liner in to my lashes a little. I then used some of the UNE Skin-Glow Pencil in G01 along my lower water line to open my eyes as much as possible! After curling my lashes I chose to use the Clinique High Impact Mascara in Black. I only applied this to my upper lashes as Natalie doesn't seem to have any on her lower ones.

Finally to finish the look off, on my lips I first applied a little lip balm then took some of the MUA Lipstick in Shade 16 on my finger and rubbed it across my lips so the colour was nice and sheer.

Are you a fan of the girls' make up on Made in Chelsea? I'm not obsessed with the programme but I'm definitely obsessed with their make up!

xx

18 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous look! Natalie is beautiful but her voice really bugs me for some reason?

    The lipstick you are using looks lovely, I've never tried a MUA product before so will have to give it a go x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes I can't say I particularly warm to her but she's gorgeous x

      Delete
  2. great post, so much in depth information! I love MIC ha!
    LV x
    lv-inlovewith.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god I know, I do have a tendency to ramble on a bit haha x

      Delete
  3. Love the makeup, looks so easy to do! I wish my skin looked as clear as yours! xx

    beautyembraced.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually I can boast very clear skin but at the moment it's awful... there's just some very clever concealer work going on here haha ;) x

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! You suit such a natural finish you're so pretty! Love the in-depth information.
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you! I love how all the girls look so fresh faced. Their skin always looks amazing! I love your look :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you have taken a look and made it your own. Its great!
    sewthecity.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only watch MIC so I can get a glimpse of their makeup and amazing clothes, you did a wonderful job with this look, really suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely blog.
    http://adoramehitabel.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this look! Natalie is so gorgeously posh and the MIC girls never overdo it! Unless of course its Gabriella or Cheska who loves her shimmer a bit too much! I also really like Louise's look.

    Great blog now following!

    http://mylushbox.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would like to have sex with you, and can imagne you straddling me, with my hard cock inside your tight pussy, as you look at me as in the picture above as I shoot my load into you

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...