Thursday 3 May 2012

face of the day: glow!


As my day yesterday simply consisted of getting my shoes reheeled, buying some new Biros and revision (wild), I wanted really neutral and natural looking make up - nothing over the top or too heavy. For me, this means getting my skin looking as glowing and flawless as possible because I think radiant cheeks and just mascara on the eyes is such a great combination.

After moisturising I applied some of the Rimmel Fix and Protect Pro Primer on and around my nose and on my chin. I don't know what's happened but recently my pores around my nose have been looking HUGE and so I picked this up yesterday in a bid to shrink those horrid craters in my face a little bit. So far so good but I'll test it out a bit more thoroughly before giving a full review. In the bid for glowing skin I also applied some L'Oreal Lumi Magique Base Concentre de Lumiere (the French name sounds so much more glamorous haha) to my cheeks and then after letting it sink it added another layer to my temples and cheekbones. While this definitely does not perfect your skin or give any coverage, the healthy glow that it gives when worn under foundation is just fab!

On to the foundation! Last Monday I picked up a sample of the Nars Sheer Glow from Selfridges and I am absolutely loving it. I only have about one application left in my little sample pot eek! I'm definitely going to go and repurchase it as I love the way it makes my skin look and feel. It makes my skin looking totally even and flawless but not flat and overly matte - I hate it when foundation takes away any natural glow. When I first applied this foundation I thought it looked really obvious, but after a couple of minutes and it's settled on to my skin it looks almost undetectable. I can't wait to get the full size! I also used a little of the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair under my eyes and anywhere where I needed any extra coverage (always the chin!), as well as using my UNE Skin Glow Pencil in G01 to take away any redness from my lower water line.

Next I applied some Soleil Tan de Chanel to the hollows of my cheeks and to the sides of my forehead with a stippling brush. Being quite pale I love the dimension this adds to my face and the sunkissed look it gives. I know that people say it can look orange and I do agree, which is why you have to be very careful to apply a little at a time to get the colour you're after. For blush I chose a 17 Blusher in First Kiss. Again this is a really glowy product and the pretty pink colour is so girly and gives a great flush to the cheeks. I think this blush and the Chanel bronzer are a fab team! I've also read that some people have said that First Kiss gives a similar effect to Nars Orgasm but obviously at a fraction of the price. After finishing my cheeks I put on a very small amount of Collection 2000 Pressed Powder in Candlelight just to my nose and chin to set my foundation. I never apply powder to anywhere else on my face as I want to keep my skin looking glowing.

I then pencilled in my eyebrows with Clinique Superfine Liner for Brows in Soft Blonde which is my go-to eyebrow pencil at the moment. I included it in my recent Current Favourites post so if you want to know more of my thoughts on it then click here! On my eyes I simply curled my lashes and then used the Clinique High Impact Mascara. I just have a little sample size of this from a magazine and while there's nothing fundamentally wrong with the product, I don't think I'd purchase it again as it far from blew me away and there are definitely cheaper mascaras that perform better. To highlight the inner corners of my eye and brow bone I then used an MUA Eyeshadow in Shade 1. I thought this was such a pretty highlight colour that I actually also dabbed a little on to my cheekbones.

Lastly I kept my lips very simple and used a Kate Moss for Rimmel Lipstick in Shade 3. Although I do like the colour of this lipstick it's perhaps a little light for me as I have quite naturally pigmented lips so I warmed it up a little with an MUA Love Hearts Lip Balm in Sugar Lips which is a really pretty pink and smells incredible!

So that was my make up for the day! I'd love to know any products you use to make your skin look dewy and glowy!

xx



18 comments:

  1. Beautiful! What is your skin type? Mines quite dry but I worry the Sheer Glow wont have enough longevity for my horribly long days.. I've just started my blog, Rachelle & would love it if you could take a minute to have a look & see what you think?
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have quite a few annoying dry patches which is why I was drawn towards the Sheer Glow. They do a Sheer Matte for oilier skin. Give it a go, I love it - I actually picked up the full bottle today oops! x

      Delete
  2. You look so lovely with natural make up! I look awful! Always need winged eyeliner!
    Your hair colour is absolutely gorgeous by the way :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that's not true! I used to think the same but sometimes I now feel a bit overdone with winged liner. I still love it though, I've got some on today :) Thanks lovely xx

      Delete
  3. You looks so beautiful and radiant! Loving your latest posts, keep it up! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I really enjoy blogging so it's such a bonus if other people enjoy reading it too :) xx

      Delete
  4. wow, you are stunning! i love your hair! new follower, can't wait to catch up on your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I hope you enjoy them :) ! x

      Delete
  5. I love that blush shade - beautiful!

    x
    Lost in the Haze: A Fashion Photography Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheer glow looks gorgeous and flawless. Been debating whether to pick this up for a while, would you recommend it for sensitive skin? I'm a bit worried it might be too full coverage for the summer xx

    beautyembraced.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it gets properly warm I only wear BB Cream or tinted moisturiser and even then just down the centre of my face. However, for now I love how Sheer Glow is making my skin look! On the subject of sensitive skin, I'm not really sure. I don't have particularly naughty skin but very rarely sometimes random things can break me out (such as everyone's beloved Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish = boils...!) I'd go and get a sample like I did and see what you think! Hope this helps x

      Delete
  7. love your fringe. and your blush looks so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't stop wearing the blush, it's so good! Love that it's 17 too! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...