Wednesday 2 May 2012

nail of the day

The No7 bottle will no longer close properly :( !
No7 So Smooth Base Coat, W.I.P. Nail Polish from Urban Outfitters in Lava, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat

I bought this intriguing coloured nail varnish from Urban Outfitters on Sunday. They have such a gorgeous range of colours, many of which are a little different from others you see on the high street, but I was most drawn to Lava as the greeney bluey bronze duo chrome effect in the bottle intrigued me and reminded me of Chanel's infamous Peridot.

I have to admit that I am disappointed with this polish - the formula is so so thin and the brush is quite small which makes the polish really difficult to apply. It also chipped in only a day, even though I used my trusty No7 So Smooth Base Coat and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top Coat. The colour has been a bit of a let down too. In normal day light it looks too much just like a shimmery green for my liking and I wish that it had more of a bronzey tone as it does in dimmer light.

There are lots more polishes from Urban Outfitters which I'd love to try - can anyone tell me if the formula of the others are so watery too?

W.I.P. Nail Polishes are £6 from Urban Outfitters and are also available online here.

xx

10 comments:

  1. thats really gutting about the consistency and the fact that it chips because as soon as I saw the colour in the photo I was like I MUST have this. Bit of a waste of £6 if its poor quality. Boo. Bad Urban Outfitters!
    xx
    http://changingtidesofsummer.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah I know that's what I thought. They have so many cool polishes that it's annoying the formula is so rubbish! x

      Delete
  2. i am into that metallic green-olive lately...but is sad their formulas aren't too great :( x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So disappointing - they were cheap and had a good and unique colour range, I should have known it was all too good to be true! I still think I'll try another just to see properly x

      Delete
  3. I love that colour - so gorgeous!

    x
    Lost in the Haze: A Fashion Photography Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colour! You have a great blog! :) xx

    http://beautybyemma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That colour looks so similar to the Topshop polish in Hidden Treasure, I have it and I really like the formula of all the Topshop polishes!

    Laura xx
    lookatmyclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I just had a look and it looks nicer than this! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...