Friday 4 May 2012

five empties!

Hello!

I really love reading people's posts about products they've used up and their opinions on them, so I thought I'd jump on the band wagon and have a go myself. After all, using up all the products I have gathering dust is a fab idea! I very rarely actually finish beauty products as I always get bored and buy new things to try, so I have lots of half-used bits and bobs sitting around and waiting to be used up. Here are the last five things which I've finished.

Benefit Refined Finish Facial Polish




My boyfriend bought me this exfoliator as part of a set from Benefit for my birthday last year. It was such a brilliant present and I loved both this Facial Polish and the moisturiser that came with it. The exfoliator is a thick white cream with very exfoliating particles in it which feel almost like sand. Due to the roughness of these bits, it is quite a powerful exfoliator but used sparingly once a week it made my skin feel so smooth and glowy and kept blemishes at bay. I also just looked up the Facial Polish on the Benefit website and it claims that it reduces the size of your pores too. Recently I have noticed that my pores are looking quite large so I'm now thinking that perhaps this exfoliator was tightening them. If you're after a really efficient facial polish to brighten up dull skin and make it silky smooth then I'd definitely try this. I think that I will pick it up again at some point, especially as now I'm intrigued to see whether it makes my pores smaller!

The Benefit Refined Finish Facial Polish is £17.50 and can be bought at Benefit counters or online here.

Batiste Dry Shampoo in Wild




I suffer a lot more with my hair being dry than greasy so I don't use dry shampoo that much. However, sometimes I do spray a little in to my hair if it's looking a bit flat in an attempt to liven it up a bit. I have no real qualms with Batiste but I do know what people mean when they say it can make your hair feel even more dirty. I also hate the whiteness that it can give as on my bright auburn hair as it can look very noticeable! As for the scent of this particular version, 'Wild' - I'm really not keen on the smell at all. It's not that I mind the actual scent particularly, it's more that it hangs around in your hair all day. I've already repurchased another can as for £2.99 you can't really complain and as I don't use dry shampoo very often it's good enough for me!

Batiste Dry Shampoo is available from most high street chemists etc/drug stores, but I picked my latest can up in Sainsburys!

17 Falsifeye Mascara




This product might be cheating a little as I didn't use this mascara up, it just dried out. However, I have bought Falsifeye a few times before so I can give you my thoughts on it. It's a great high street mascara that does give you volume to your lashes, although it can clump quite easily and definitely doesn't give you a truly false effect. Saying that, I do love the large brush as it's brilliant for grabbing all your lashes and making sure that it's applied evenly. As I said, there's nothing really wrong with this mascara - it's perfectly fine. However, I'm just not blown away by it and although it does the job there are definitely better mascaras on the high street.

17 Falsifeye Mascara is currently on offer for £4.00 at Boots.

Charlie Body Spray in Spirit




I almost feel a little embarrassed to admit I buy these cheapy body sprays, but there you go, it's out there: I do! I just find that they're great for slinging in your bag to freshen up a little at work or to take with you on a night out when you don't want to risk losing your perfume. They're also readily available in supermarkets so are so easy to grab when you're doing the food shopping. However, despite singing their praises the scent 'Spirit' isn't actually my favourite as it's a bit sweet and sickly. My favourite is actually 'Black' but I don't have any at the moment sob! I'll definitely continue to buy them as for £1.70 I think they're such good value and there is a wide range of scents available.

Charlie body sprays are £1.70 from Boots.

Soap and Glory Clean on Me Shower Gel


The bottle is so big that it was hard to photograph!
Oh my! I can't actually believe that I've finished this. It was honestly getting to the point where I thought this shower gel would never end! It's not that I'm not a huge fan of this product as I love the scent (typical Soap and Glory) so much and how moisturising it feels on my skin, it's just that I'd bought another yummy smelling shower gel a few months ago and couldn't wait to get stuck in haha (perhaps a little sad). 500ml of this has lasted me four months which I think makes it such fab value for money. I love that it's a pump bottle too as it just makes the shower gel so much easier to dispense. I will definitely buy this again at some point, but I'll perhaps take a little break as I know that starting another bottle is such a commitment!

Soap and Glory Clean on Me Shower Gel is £5.50 from Boots.

I'm going to try and work my way through lots of my half used products and try not to buy so many bits and bobs that I don't really need! Not sure how long this idea will last...

xx

26 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about how long Clean on Me lasts! I've no idea how long I've had mine, I think the pump really helps because you don't waste any product. It really do love it though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do love it but I was quite happy when it ended so I could use something else! Definitely will go back to it at some point, it's such a great shower gel x

      Delete
  2. i need to start finishing products! i get bored most times and end up picking up something new, my bathroom is a tip!

    chlo @chlowitty blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm going to try and finish as much as possible but buying new things is so much more fun haha x

      Delete
  3. This has determined me to use up my products! I love clean on me, coming towards the end of mine now :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still letting myself buy make up, I just have a ridiculous amount of skincare and body bits that I should probably try and use up! Try it, it's quite satisfying haha x

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh haha, i have exactly the same problem with Clean on Me! One bottle lasts me about six months and i genuinely start to get bored of it after a while, which is a shame because it smells so lovely x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it does get boring but at least it's good value for money haha x

      Delete
  5. I agree on the benefit facial products. I love them! My skin feels so soft and glowing when I used them. Only downside I think is they are slightly on the pricey side. x

    candycaneheart.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know what you mean but I don't mind paying a little more for good quality skincare. I love their Face Emulsion too! x

      Delete
  6. I really enjoy reading these kind of posts. I'm planning doing one like this my self, but so far I only have two empties, so I think I need to save up for a while.

    http://apeekofmarislife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tip on the soap, I'll try that next time as it sounds quite good value for money. I actually use Charlie as my everyday perfume. It has a lovely smell (the one with the pink box) and a few people have commented on it. It's cheap but great for everyday so I'll definitely have a look at the body spray as it will be ideal for work, especially on my 13 hour-shifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's what I mean! When I've got ridiculously long shifts I just feel the need to freshen up all the time and Charlie is fine for that x

      Delete
  8. Ah, I share this problem. I keep on buying things and I should use them up! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a bad habit! I'm going to use lots of things up... and then buy more... x

      Delete
  9. i am waiting to buy the Benefit polish!
    great to read someone's opinion about it before I do
    <3
    Caroline

    www.girlygirlvsworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes your skin so smooth! Such a great product, can't wait to repurchase it but I should probably use some more bits up first! x

      Delete
  10. I love empties posts :) Well done on sticking to one shower gel for so long, I get bored and change mine so often :P xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually quite impressed with myself! I was determined to use it all up! x

      Delete
  11. I have the soap and glory clean on me shower gel and I love it but it's so big I think will I ever finish it, but I rotate it with another one just to switch it up a little and stop me from getting bored of it!

    Sita xx
    http://buttonsapart.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems a bit silly to get bored of a shower gel but you do haha x

      Delete
  12. I've been wanting to try the Benefit stuff... maybe I'll have to give it a try.
    I love "empties" posts, cause it USUALLY means the product was decent...haha

    ldmatson.blogspot.ca

    Please follow, I'm new to blogging!:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...