Friday 25 May 2012

outfit of the day: sun!

When I woke up to a bright and sunny London on Wednesday I really wasn't sure what to wear. I think I've just got so used to wrapping up warm that I feel so unprepared for the summer! I still want to wear black and not have to bare every inch of skin but equally I don't want to feel a sticky mess on the Tube...

So when my boyfriend and I went for a tasty lunch on Wednesday I chose to wear this. I do love this outfit but I have to say that I still was quite hot!


Shoes - New Look
Leggings - H&M
Bag - Zara
Top - Zara
Necklace - H&M
Sunglasses - Brick Lane
Bracelet - Gift from my boyfriend's parents from Kenya

(Well, I think I get the award for the most awkward poser ever!)


I love these black platform wedges. I bought them last year so I doubt they'll be available from New Look any more but there's so many similar ones around at the moment such as these ones from River Island. I have my eye on so many wedges at the moment so I can't wait to maybe treat myself to some more when I get paid.

I'm sure you all recognise the bag as it's been featured on lots of blogs recently. I've had it for a couple of months now and I'm actually surprised by how well it's wearing. The strap is so thin that I thought it would break really quickly but so far so good!

I think my favourite thing about this outfit though has to be the top. I love a good big slouchy tee and this is as big as it comes. It has massive bat wing sleeves and a thin mesh panelled deep v at the back which makes it a bit more interesting. I did try to find it on the Zara website but it doesn't seem to be available any more.

I actually really like doing 'outfit of the days' so when my exams are over (and my boyfriend's AKA personal photographer) I'll try and do some more. Hopefully I'll be in more suitable summer attire!

xx


29 comments:

  1. You look very effortlessly cool! I love the platforms too, I've just bought a pair very similar on Spartoo :) XO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you, I'm not sure I've ever been described as cool x

      Delete
  2. It was a really nice day yesterday and this outfit is just perfect hehe! I am lusting over your zara bag because i can never find it at my store :( but i really hope that this lovely weather stays :D

    www.beautypicknmix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Nice that it's not raining for once x

      Delete
  3. Your wedges are great and I love the Zara top! :)
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've wondering if you dye your hair?? If you do can you please tell me what hairdye do yu use? I just love your hair color. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah I would if I could! I've never touched the colour I'm afraid, it's all natural x

      Delete
  5. My black new look wedges are my wardrobe staple - they go with everything! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I also love wearing them with black tights on a night out x

      Delete
  6. You look lovely :) I never know what to wear when it's sunny- find it quite stressful haha I know where I stand with just jeans and hoodies when it's miserable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really lovely outfit. I have struggled with what to wear this week because it's been so hot! I love the white top, it's nice to wear something loose and light in the Summer xx

    beautyembraced.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Tight and summer = me moaning x

      Delete
  8. Lovely outfit, love the cute shoes! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. That bag is gorgeous!
    Hannah x confessioncloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great :) I love your hair colour so much x

    ReplyDelete
  11. your platform wedge is really nice. i think it'd look lovely with anything. simple and versatile at the same time :D -Loving Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you! I love this bag at the moment x

      Delete
  13. I bought this Zara bag a couple months ago too (gave into blogger hype!!) and I am also shocked how well it has held up! I'm in the US so fortunately for me Zara does ship here...I can continue to follow the British bloggers who tempt me with cute bags like this one :) xx

    justanothermuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your outfit and bag! Great blog :)

    teacuptoast.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your outfit !

    xx Liyana
    LiyanasAdvice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice post. Your writing style is very beautiful and your article is very attractive. You share a very useful information that is very useful for a lot of people and it will also help for many people. Keep writing. Thanks for sharing.
    Accounts Software For Small Business
    papers-for-sale

    ReplyDelete
  17. I’m not that much of an internet reader to be honest but your sites really nice, keep it up! I’ll go ahead and bookmark. I am looking for more about Clothing and Fashion from you.
    cheap clothing uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...