Wednesday 9 May 2012

face of the day: back to the liner


As I've mentioned before, and you've probably noticed from my recent posts, I haven't been wearing liquid eye liner much lately. I used to think my face looked odd without it but I'm beginning to feel that I look so much fresher and less over done in the day time when I'm liner-free. However, last week I put some on and loved how it looked! Paired with a neutral coloured lip and eyeshadow I didn't feel like I was wearing too much make up at all.

On my face I used Rimmel Fix and Perfect Pro Primer which I'm really starting to like, I think I'll do a review on it soon! I then used Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in Light Vanilla and put a little Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in Ivory under my eyes. I set my foundation on my nose and chin with Natural Collection Loose Powder in Neutral Translucent - I'd forgotten how good this was! I finished my skin off with some MAC Breath of Plum Blush and ELF Blush Highlighter in Gotta Glow.

I tidied my brows up with my Clinique Superfine Liner for Brows in Soft Blonde (I can't stop using this at the moment!) and set any naughty hairs in place with my trusty ELF Wet Gloss Lash and Brow Clear Mascara.




On to the eyes! As I said, I only wanted a really neutral eyeshadow with minimal shimmer so I chose my Revlon Colourstay Eyeshadow Palette in Addictive as it's perfect for that. The four colours are so great for everyday use. All over my lid I used the top right eyeshadow, which is a very slightly shimmery light grey. I then defined my crease with the bottom right shadow which is a mid-toned matte brown. For the all important liquid eye liner I used the Maybelline Gel Eyeliner in Black. This is such a great high street gel eye liner which is really pigmented and doesn't budge all day but the little brush that it comes with is so horrid and scratchy! I also added a bit of the Avon Colour Trend Kajal Stick in Black to tightline my upper waterline and make my lashes and eye liner look nice and dark. Similarly, on my lower waterline I used ELF's Eye Widener Pencil in Pearl White to open my eyes up a bit. I finished my eye make up off with the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Mascara in Black. I recently got this free as part of an offer Rimmel have on at the moment but I'm still undecided as to whether I like it or not... It hasn't blown me away!

To finish it all off I kept my lips nice and simple and used a Jack Wills Gloss Lipstick in Rosewood which is a lovely browny rose colour.

So there we go! Do you love the look of liquid eye liner? Do you wear it everyday?

xx

15 comments:

  1. You are you pretty lady! Feel so naked without my liquid liner, i haven't tried the maybelliene though, so may give it a go, thankyou :)

    megs xx

    http://wonderful--you.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of winged eyeliner it's my go to makeup look it always looks fresh and pretty! When I started making winged eyeliner almost everyday I used to use a liquid one but I found it more easy to use a gel one. Your hair is beautiful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do love the look of liquid liner, I think maybe I just wore it too much and got bored haha x

      Delete
  3. I love your liquid eyeliner look! I feel I can sometimes pull it off depending on how my eyelids behave! Pesky monolids!!

    http://thoughtfulsunday.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the make-up and your hair colour is amazing! Have to say I do wear liquid eyeliner everyday and have done for about 8 years now, feel so weird without it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love it, perhaps I'll go back to it! At the moment I'm just liking my eyes without it for some reason. Love your blog by the way! x

      Delete
  5. Oh I just love your blog :)

    Your make up looks flawless and so natural <3 Have heard good things about the gel liner so think I may have to invest!

    x

    amplecurvature.blogspot.com

    P.s. Would kill for hair like yours! Beaut'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, they're such lovely comments! The actual liner itself is brilliant but the brush is horrible so I either use another eyeliner brush or I have a dried out felt tip liner which I dip in which works a treat! x

      Delete
  6. lovely hair and loving your eyeliner! if you like, follow me and i'll follow you back xxx

    http://ileftmyheartinmiami.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I go through phases where I give up black liner as well, but somehow I alwayyys come back to it! Love your blog btw :)

    http://alacedream.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been swtiching between eyeliner and no eyeliner too! I think once you haven't worn it for a while and then go back to it, it looks so much better if that makes sense! Looking beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I agree, I think it's the same if you were to wear false eyelashes everyday, the effect just wears off x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...