Monday 21 May 2012

dirty works banish the bags eye cream


A month or so ago after being impressed with their Coconut Caress Body Butter (review here) I picked up the Dirty Works Banish the Bags Eye Cream. This little tube promises to reduce eye puffiness and dark circles as it contains a proven tightening peptide and stimulating caffeine which apparently improves circulation. It also contains light reflectors to make you look more awake. So, did these promises materialise? Well yes and no. This is a very moisturising and soothing eye cream and I do believe it is helping to reduce any puffiness under my eyes by plumping and improving the condition of the delicate skin there. However I haven't seen much of an improvement in my dark circles and I certainly can't see the effects of any apparent light reflecting particles, even after immediate application.

Overall I don't think this is an awful eye cream as it is very soothing and moisturising but although it does "banish the bags" to some extent, it doesn't live up to its claims regarding ridding you of any dark circles. I do definitely want to try some more bits from Dirty Works though as their body butter is so fab!

The Dirty Works Banish the Bags Eye Cream is available from Sainsburys for £4.99.

What's your favourite eye cream?

xx

16 comments:

  1. After neglecting my skin for years I've recently started to look after it, and finding a reasonably priced eye cream is proving near on impossible. This looked hopeful until I read you were disappointed re dark circles :( x

    josieowen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I know, it's so annoying. My favourite eye cream is Benefit It's Potent but that's a little more expensive at £23.50 :( x

      Delete
  2. Great post dear! The eye cream I use is QV Face Revitalising Eye Cream. Not quite sure if it's available in the UK though.

    http://dugongsss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am on the hunt for a good eye cream! Currently using the Nip + Fab Dark Circles but not all tha impressed yet.. xx

    Candycaneheart.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so difficult to find a decent one :( x

      Delete
  4. I've never really used eyecreams and i have been researching on which ones are good. This seem to be quite good for me since i don't tend to have dark circles under my eyes anyway so i just need a product that tightens and reduce puffiness. I've never heard or seen this brand before, neither do i shop at sainsburys much so not sure whether to purchase this or not. I have been considering buying the clinique eye gel because i've heard so much about it but the price kind of puts me off :)
    Thanks for sharing~x

    www.beautypicknmix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This would be fine if you just wanted something to moisturise the area yes x

      Delete
  5. My fave eye cream is just a really basic 'Lacura' one from Aldi, think I only paid around a for it. That's more a night time one, I've got a Boots Vitamin E one with SPF for day. Always forget to use them though so maybe when i'm 33 and not 23 I'll be reaching for them more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I'll have a look - thanks for the recommendations x

      Delete
  6. The packaging reminds me so much of Soap & Glory!
    My favourite eye cream is Clinique All About Eyes Rich. Such a life saver to me!

    Fusels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know, the packaging is so similar. Thanks for the recommendation! x

      Delete
  7. Now using bodyshops eye cream with vitamin E :) cheap , natural and ok:) but favourite one is benefit's its potent i guess...

    Cheers from Bushe
    from:

    http://fashbushe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review, I'm still on the lookout for a miracle eye cream! Using Benefit's It's Potent! eye cream at the moment and it's soothing but not de-puffing...

    http://fashionfake.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually think It's Potent is quite good at depuffing and getting rid of any darkness! I may have to treat myself to some more soon x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...