Saturday 5 May 2012

kleenex sensitive eye make up removal wipes


I picked the Kleenex Eye Make Up Removal Wipes for sensitive skin up in Sainsburys a couple of weeks ago. There was no real reason, but I'd heard Kleenex had bought out some facial wipes and so was interested to try something from the range. Better still, they were on a half price offer so cost me only £1.49 for 24 wipes instead of £2.99 (this offer is still on if you're interested!)

The wipes claim to gently and effectively remove eye make up including waterproof mascara. Now, the first thing I noticed about these wipes was the odd texture of them. They're not soft like most make up wipes are, they feel more like hand sanitising wipes so they're quite rough. Due to this I don't find them gentle at all for taking off eye liner or eyeshadow. While they definitely do remove all traces of eye make up, I can really feel them dragging across my lid which makes them sting... not nice.

However, after realising this and stopping using them on my lids, I started using them to take off just my mascara. For this they are absolutely brilliant. I gently pinch my lashes and almost massage them a little and then very gently pull. This instantly removes all traces of mascara, including waterproof! When used just to take your mascara off, these wipes are so much kinder to your eyes than having to scrub to get stubborn mascara off with a normal make up wipe. My test for a good remover of mascara is when I can see my lightly coloured natural lashes and I definitely can after using these.

The other thing I like is that they don't feel greasy. I'm really not a fan of oily eye make up removers which make you feel as if you've dipped your face in sunflower oil (see my review of the No7 Eye Make Up Remover here). The actual wet product just feels really moisturising, sadly it was just the texture of the wipe that made them feel so rough.

Would I purchase these again? Despite the uncomfortable feeling of these wipes on the lid, I definitely buy these wipes again just to take off mascara as they do make the process so much easier and gentler on your lashes.

As I said, these wipes are currently half price in Sainsburys so are £1.49!

xx

17 comments:

  1. thanks for posting this - ive been so undecided in whether to buy these or not, it just feels a bit strange buying kleenex for your face haha? just me? i might try them now though especially if theres a deal on -loves a deal ;)

    ooh also i am hosting a little giveaway on my blog if you'd like to enter?

    http://lylots.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/giveaway-liz-earle-cleanse-and-polish.html


    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it seemed a bit odd too... too many snot associations (nice!) I had a little look at your giveaway but I'm CRAZILY allergic to Liz Earle C and P haha! I need to reply to your email too, sorry I've had so much work on at the moment :( hope you're fab x

      Delete
  2. love your blog what a great read u have a follower in me! hope to keep in touch xx

    www.beautybabyandme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, such a lovely thing to say! :) x

      Delete
  3. Oh if I pop in tomorrow I will look for these
    NRC ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do try them out, like I said they're great for getting mascara off but a bit scratchy for the lids! x

      Delete
  4. I have these and can't stand them :/ they're not sensitive at all and sting my eyes way too much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting to know as I don't usually have particularly sensitive skin so can't really comment. I like the actual formula but the texture of the wipe is like sandpaper! They're so uncomfortable x

      Delete
  5. I also had picked up something from the range I decided to go for the Face clothes, as they were half price. I hate using any forms of wipes on my eyes as I hardly ever find any gentle, I always use the body shop cotton pads as they very gentle on my eyes. I can't use any other brands as I feel they scratch my eyes. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Half the time I use eye make up remover... and then the other half I'm naughty and use make up wipes. The problem with these was that they were so much more scratchy than even normal make up wipes! x

      Delete
  6. I had no idea kleenex did wipes!
    I nominated your blog for an award! go see
    confessioncloset.blogspot.com
    Hannah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I nearly bought these thanks for this review. xx

    http://scholarlifestyle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I dont know if these are available in my area, but would be interested in trying them for the mascara tip!
    ldmatson.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they were definitely fab for getting off stubborn mascara and getting your lashes squeaky clean! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...