Tuesday 20 March 2012

no7 beautiful skin eye make-up remover


Hello hello!

I picked up the No7 Beautiful Skin Eye Make-Up Remover in Boots on Saturday, so I thought while we all have millions of £5 off No7 vouchers lying around (surely this can't just be me?!), I'd tell you whether it was worth getting!

The front of the bottle tells us that the make-up remover is suitable for all skin types and hypo-allergenic, which sounds great to me as I have quite sensitive eyes. This didn't irritate my eyes at all, whereas some other make-up removing products can really make my eyes sting (I wear contact lenses and my eyes can feel quite sore by the end of the day). It also did actually do a good job at removing all of my eye make-up, including mascara, without me having to rub and tug about at my skin!

This is all sounding very promising but there is something that I HATED about this product - the consistency. It's just so greasy! It feels like what I envisage rubbing cooking oil around my face to be like, and this sensation doesn't evaporate or anything, it just sits there on your face, slipping around... Not pleasant at all.

The full price for the No7 Beautiful Skin Eye Make-Up Remover is £7.75, which to be honest I think is a rip off for 100ml worth of oil. I wouldn't even get it again with a £5 off voucher.

Sorry No7 - you've got some other great make-up and skin care products (such as the No7 Hot Cloth Cleanser - loving this at the moment!), but this really disappointed me.

xx

17 comments:

  1. yuck, that sounds gross! i'm staying away from that :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't sound very appealing I must admit! Thanks for the review, I was thinking about getting this! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're after an eye make up remover, the Boots botanics one is much better :)x

      Delete
  3. This doesn't sound good :( That's a shame because I've been looking for a new eye make up remover as my one makes my eyes sting :( x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a big fan of no.7 skincare, I prefer buying thier polishes with my vouchers!

    Check out and enter my Giveaway! :-)
    http://thesecretblogger-2011.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/giveaway-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good review, it's so tempting to just splurge on no7 with all the vouchers they give out. I found the boots simply sensitive eye makeup remover to be really oily too, and the oil got stuck in my eyes... Not pleasant!
    xx

    http://beautyembraced.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh, I know... I sort of wish they'd stop giving them to me - they make me spend so much money haha :)x

      Delete
  6. I was actually going to buy this at the weekend. I read a few reviews of it and some people love it and it is their no1 make up remover.
    I don't know if you tried Lancome Bi-facil eye make up remover, but if you didn't- don't buy it as it is an oily one and you would probably hate it too. I can imagine that No7 were trying to copy it. The colour is the same and the bottle is tiny.
    I use a lot of mascara and oily removers seem to remove it quickly and gently.
    I am wondering if it is as good as Lancome. I will try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww I got all excited when I read it was good for contact lens wearers... but sadly I'm not going to be buying this if it turns my face into a chip pan! Thanks for the review :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes chip pan is a fab description! I know, it's a shame... our poor sore eyes! x

      Delete
  8. such a nice and helpful review! thank you for sharing :)

    xoxo

    http://www.flirting-with-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Just started following your blog, I love your outfits! :)x

      Delete
  9. I love no7 stuff! I have the serum to stop break outs and it really helps!

    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/

    Katie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do usually which is why I'm so disappointed with this. I've got the spot gel, it's great isn't it! Thank God for the £5 off vouchers haha! :)x

      Delete
  10. Thank you for your blog!

    I have been a fan of this make up remover for a good few years and have seen several changes including the amount in the bottle, 250mls dramatically reduced to 100mls while the price hiked up massively from an acceptable £4.50 to a now unbelievable £8.50.

    I only ever purchase with a money off voucher!

    I did, some years ago, write to Boots with a complaint about large companies charging 'more for less' and they didnt even offer a response.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...