Wednesday 14 March 2012

nail of the day

Hello again!

I thought I'd show you what I have on my nails at the moment :) I absolutely love the look of bright red nails but I very rarely paint them red. However, when I do it reminds me how sophisticated it can make you feel! They make me want to put on a breton top and capri pants and eat brie and pretend to be be all elegant and chic... just me?


The red I used is a Barry M nail varnish in 'Bright Red', and I also used my No7 'So Smooth' base coat and Sally Hansen 'Insta-Dri' top coat, which are my go-to base and top coat currently. While we're on the subject, I truly do recommend trying the Sally Hansen top coat if you haven't tried it as it not only makes your polish last so much longer but also dries your nails very quickly! You put it on and they're dry in thirty seconds so it's great if you're in a rush or just plain impatient hurrah!


In the picture above, I also included one of my nail files which I love! I've had it for a while and in a pack you get two with a lovely peacock print on and a carry case so that when you throw it in your handbag it won't scratch things. Just thought I'd share that with you haha! I'm not really sure why I like them quite as much as I do... I tried to find them on the website but it doesn't look like they're necessarily available any more :( I picked them up in Bristol last summer and I think it was about £2.50 for a pack :)

Hope you're all fab!

xx

8 comments:

  1. I'm a huge fan of that top coat too! It makes doing my nails so much less of a hassle and it's also really affordable. Do you know what brand the nail file is? It's really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that red shade! perfect!

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's not something I wear too often - maybe I should do more! And Barry M is so cheap too yay! x

      Delete
  3. I could not agree more with the whole red thing!

    www.teacupsandtreats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks :) Just had a look at your blog, your photos are beautiful x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...