Saturday 10 March 2012

my favourite things: liquid eye liner

Hello hello!

I've been bogged down with essays so I've just found the time to slip in a quick post...

Welcome to the third instalment of my favourite things posts, this one being about my favourite liquid eye liner, and this is one product that I truly couldn't live without! (Perhaps slightly over the top...) When I was sorting through my mountains of make up the other day I actually found that I have five of these brilliant little things so let me tell you why...

I'm sorry for the very 'well loved' packaging...
I have loved the Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Liner for about five years now. The brush is perfect, the pigmentation is perfect, the finish is perfect, the price is perfect. I cannot fault this product!

I'm a big fan of fifties-esque cats eye flicks so it's great to have a liquid eye liner that is so easy and fast to apply. The applicator is a short and firm sponge which makes it incredibly easy to apply neatly. I've never personally got on with thin brush type applicators as for me they're difficult to control, and can be hard to achieve a dense black line with.


Not only is the applicator brilliant but the formula is great too. It's highly pigmented and never appears streaky or watery. It dries quickly to a matte finish which is fab as it never transfers on to your upper eyelids (how annoying is that?!)


I can hand on heart say that there isn't anything I dislike about this product, and I can see our love affair continuing for many years to come. If you struggle with liquid eye liner then I truly do recommend giving Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Liner as go as it makes the job so much easier. It's priced at £5.29 too so there really isn't an excuse not to give it a try!

PS. Really want to give the new Rimmel Gel Eye Liner a go - anyone tried it?

xx

4 comments:

  1. I used to swear by this too! Think I got through about 10 during my uni years! I've moved on now to pen style liners though as I find them a bit easier to apply, have you tried the collection 2000 one? It's amazing

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The liquid eye liner or the pen one? I've tried the Collection 2000 liquid eye liner and I found it a bit watery so maybe I'll give the pen a go! :)x

      Delete
  2. I really like this eyeliner :) I think it is great quality :) I hope you will follow my blog :)

    leopardinleather.blogspot.com

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review, I'm always on the hunt for liquid liner (fan of the winged eye too!) and this looks like a really nice matte black!

    Drea xo
    dreasjunkyard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...