Wednesday 4 April 2012

origins checks and balances face wash




Hello!

I haven’t posted for four days now which I suppose isn't really that long but feels like FOREVER wahhhh! The pressure is finally off regarding essays and although I do have one more as well as revision to do, these things are not urgent at the moment. I've come to Norwich for a week or so for my birthday and my Mum's which is nice and relaxing so I'll have lots of time to devote to my little blog, which I'm very much looking forward to!

To get the ball rolling again, I thought I'd tell you about a fab product that I've been using for a little while now - the Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Facial Wash.

Months and months ago now I tried the legendary Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish and had the worst possible allergic reaction to it. Now I don't have sensitive skin particularly and don't suffer from spots generally but this gave me itchy red blemishes all over my face for literally weeks (sob... so embarrassing). This isn't to say however that the Cleanse and Polish is a bad product though as I've heard of very few people having this sort of reaction to it; there was obviously something in it that I was just very allergic to. (I do have a picture of my horrid spots/boils that I took for lolz but do I want to show it? Um, no.) Anyway, after my skin started to clear up, I was on the hunt for a new cleanser, which was when I picked up the Checks and Balances Face Wash from Origins.

As I've said before I have combination skin, but the dry parts can be more of an issue . This is why this face wash is so good. It claims it cleanses both dry and oily places without cancelling each other out. Any unwanted oiliness is reduced but the rest of my skin is not left feeling dry and tight as a consequence. I do have the odd spots around my chin from time to time and I have to say, my skin has looked very clear recently, and I think the balancing effect of this may have something to do with it.

I use this in the same way as I did with the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, with a muslin cloth, however I don't put it across my eyes as it suggests not to. I also don't use this to take off my make up, as I always like to double cleanse, so I make sure that the worst of my make up is off first. The Checks and Balances Face Wash lathers up to be nice and foamy too so it's really easy to work it well in to the skin.

All together this is a brilliant everyday cleanser for people like me who have combination skin but don't want to make their skin any more dry or oily, and I definitely think it's worth the £17 price tag. This is a little more than you would pay for the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish (£14.75 for the starter kit) but you do get 50ml more product in the Origins cleanser. As a company, Origins also produce their skincare naturally and organically, without harsh chemicals such as parabens, and also make the most of renewable sources and energy - fab! - so I don't mind spending a little bit more on good quality skincare products compared to simply using all high street brands. In general, I think it's more important to spend money carefully on suitable skincare that works than on having all high end make up. If you're on the market for a new cleanser then give this a try!

xx

6 comments:

  1. I have the same skin type as you and have been looking for a product like this :) It sounds fantastic x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review :) Love your blog and I am your new follower
    makeupandbeautytips-home.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, It's great to hear your using natural and organic products,I'm currently looking for more! will definitely check this out! :)
    www.freckletalk.com
    http://freckletalk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...