Monday 30 April 2012

frontcover to go palette

It was very hard to take a picture of as it's so shiny!
Left to right: Pale Gold, Black Spark, Powder Puff, Wisteria
I picked this little convertible palette up from the Carnaby Street Boots yesterday as both the eyeshadows and the palette were on a crazy deal... how could I say no?! The palette itself was reduced by 75% to £1.25 and then each eyeshadow was reduced by 75% too making them £1.00. Therefore four eyeshadows and a palette cost me only £5.25 - fab!

There wasn't a huge selection left of  the eyeshadows as they're obviously just trying to sell them off now but thankfully there were lots left of the more neutral colours which I was very happy about. Also as you may have guessed by now I prefer to wear more shimmery eyeshadows, which was perfect for me as there didn't seem to be much of a selection of mattes. Here are the ones which I chose -


I picked (from left to right): Pale Gold, Black Spark, Powder Puff and Wisteria

These are all such beautiful colours and the eyeshadows themselves are so pigmented. I really can see myself getting a lot of use out of them. Pale Gold and Powder Puff are the kind of colours I wear most days on my eyes with a little lick of mascara and I can see the shimmery navy of Black Spark being fab to liven up a smoky eye for a night out. However, Wisteria is the eyeshadow which I'm most excited about. In some lights it looks silver and in others more purple toned. I can't think of another eyeshadow I have which is quite like it so I can't wait to use it!

After looking on the Frontcover website here, I'm a bit disappointed that there wasn't a few more shades available so that I could maybe have filled two palettes. Burnt Toast, Twinkling Grape, Moonstruck and Cloud Dance look especially pretty!

I just had a look on the Boots website and they do have the palettes and some eyeshadows left on there but not a huge selection. Also have a look in your local shop as for the price and the quality of the products, I really do recommend snapping them up if you get a chance!

Have you tried any Frontcover items?

xx


19 comments:

  1. I have this (different shades though) and love it, I got it on the offer too! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such fab value! Which colours did you choose? x

      Delete
    2. Pale Gold, Bronze, Cooler and Gold Twinkle :) xo

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, I know! I can't wait to try them tomorrow but today is just a revision day so no point in make up for me sob x

      Delete
  3. bargain! they look great:)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Powderpuff is my fave, such a good price! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be a great colour for all over the lid with something a little darker in the crease - so pretty! x

      Delete
  5. I've been given Frontcover sets as gifts for birthdays/Christmas and I've been really impressed with the eyeshadows, especially the neutrals, they're gorgeous! I love the look of Powder Puff xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know, I'm going to try them out properly tomorrow. They seem so pigmented! x

      Delete
  6. Going to have a search in Boots tomorrow, looks like great value for money! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only time I've seen these was in the Carnaby Street Boots which is a bit of a shame but they have a list of their stockists on the Frontcover website :) x

      Delete
  7. I love this palette, it looks great, very pigmented. I had a Front Cover palette once, and loved it, some great colours :D

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, like you said, they're so pigmented. I used Wisteria today and I was really impressed x

      Delete
  8. I love my front cover palettes, they eyeshadows are great and you can usually get them in the after Christmas sale cheap! I use powder puff all the time

    x

    cosmeticsshoppingandintoxication.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never seen a whole stand in a Boots before! I really like them, they're quite high quality I think but were nice and cheap! x

      Delete
  9. yess I saw this too and also picked one up! the pigmentation is amazing! :) however, i went into boots today and saw they were still there and apparently the shadows have gone up to £4 i was not happy! still really good value for £4 though!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that's interesting to know - I used the palette today actually x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...