Thursday 12 April 2012

birthday pennies


As it's just been my birthday, I have a little bit of money to treat myself to a few bits. I've already picked up a couple of things, which I'll more than likely show you soon, but here are a some more items which I'm very tempted by!

  • Everyone has been talking about the Real Techniques brushes for a while now and I think I may have to treat myself to the Core Collection to see what all the fuss is about!
  • This Topshop necklace is so pretty. I picked by a really plain gold cuff necklace from River Island the other day as I thought it would look fab with plainer outfits, and I think this would too!
  • Don't ask me why, but I'm obsessed with the idea of getting these trainers at the moment. When I go to the library late at night, I tend to wear my running shoes which isn't a good look to say the least... I think these would look really cool on lazy days with skinny jeans or leggings - the colour is amazing.
  • I have a sample of the Lancome mascara from my Glossy Box and I can't stop using it. It's so good, it really lengthens and defines your eyelashes. I think part of why it is so fab is the curved shape of the brush which really grabs all your lashes.
  • I have such an old and rubbish phone, after losing a nice phone in a club a few years ago. My boyfriend has an iPhone and I love all the fun apps and things you can get - I want one! I do love the idea of a white phone but I can just see that mine would get so horrid and dirty haha.
  • Like everyone else at the moment, I am loving everything Zara. This bag is so beautiful, but when I saw the price of it online, I thought it might look really cheap. I then saw it in the shop and it doesn't at all! I do love the black version, but I think I'd most likely go for the grey as I don't have a bag that colour and it's probably a bit more spring appropriate.
  • Another Zara item! I tried this oversized top on the other day and loved it. I then didn't buy it (I bought this dress/tunic instead - I've been wearing it with leggings!), and I'm not quite sure why... I think there were just too many things I liked and I felt a bit overwhelmed. However, I can't stop thinking about it so I think I'll have to pop back and pick it up!
  • I already have way too many eye shadows, but this is just such a beautiful colour and I can see myself getting lots of use out of it. I love anything taupe and shimmery so this is perfect!
  • I love the idea of maxi skirts, but I'm quite short and therefore think they may look a bit odd on me. However, I've seen lots of smaller people wearing them recently and looking fab. This one for New Look is nice and plain and I think it would go with so many things. I also think it could be carried through to winter with tights and heeled boots!
  • Lastly is this gorgeous Monki blouse. I picked up this dress in the same print, and my boyfriend told me it was silly to get the same patterned blouse. I just love the shape of it though and I think it would look lovely with high waisted jeans so I think I may pop back and get it (sorry Ollie!) And it's in the sale...
What are you lusting after at the moment? Tempt me!

xx



20 comments:

  1. Awesome wishlist :) I really love my Real Techniques brushes! And Zara is amazing at the moment which really surprised me as their spring/summer stuff usually doesn't tempt me. Can't wait to see what you get!
    S xx
    P.S. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love! Yes, I'm not usually that bothered about Zara either but it's become my favourite shop recently (and Monki!). The cut of things seem to be really interesting but not overpriced. x

      Delete
  2. It's always good to keep a wishlist! I really want to try out the real techniques brushes, I keep hearing so much about them!

    http://beautyembraced.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I keep hearing such good things too! I was going to pick them up today but bought lots of other things instead - oops! x

      Delete
  3. Last year I got myself a Zara bag which was similar to that one you like but in brown leather (trendy brown leather, not old ladies one!). I use it all the time as it goes with everything. I've seen their new collection (I'm from Spain but living in the UK and I always go to Zara when I go to Spain as there is one in every corner!) and I was quite impressed by them. I like their clothes too although they used to be better and cheaper but I tend to prefer Mango these days (also one in every corner in Spain haha). I'd say go for the lot if you can but if not, I'd go for the shoes, Zara bag and the phone (in black with a pretty case). :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked up a few bits today which I'll probably show you soon - the Zara bag being one of them ;) x

      Delete
  4. happy birthday!
    id love to hear your thoughts on the brushes. i meant to pick some up from boots, but they were all sold out!
    xx

    http://nanakkii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get them in the end - I was tempted by too many other things! I'm sure I will very soon though haha x

      Delete
  5. I recently bought the rt brushes and they are amazing. you should totes buy them xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I definitely will! I want the Core Collection and the Eye Brushes - might have to take advantage of the 3 for 2 at Boots! x

      Delete
  6. Sam from RT will be in Oxford St Boots tomorrow 5-7pm if you can go along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I know! I will be back home in London tomorrow but I need to do exciting things like food shopping so we'll see haha! Thanks for telling me :) x

      Delete
  7. I really want to try the Real Technique brushes!!
    Also Happy Late Birthday! =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, me too! Still haven't bought them yet... x

      Delete
  8. Happy birthday!

    Love that necklace!

    lionsandmakeup.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's pretty, isn't it :) x

      Delete
    2. these all look amazing. but im already tempted by the core collection, and the iphone. i too have a crap phone and my upgrade's in june! Cannot wait. hope you had a nice birthday x

      Delete
    3. I just found out mine's April 22nd - can't wait haha x

      Delete
  9. i got given the real techniques core collection for my birthday - the buffing brush is the best one they do and they are all really good in the set but so is the blusher brush, powder brush and stippling brush which come separately :) x

    http://make-upyourmind123.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice! I wish the buffing brush wasn't in the set, I'm not so bothered about the flat foundation brush x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...