Friday 20 April 2012

nail of the day (x 2!)



I thought it would probably just be easier if I condensed this in to one post for you today, so here is what I've had on my nails so far this week!

From Monday to Wednesday, I was wearing Models Own Pro nail varnish in Mellow Yellow, which was a gift from my boyfriend. He said he picked it because he knew pastels were in this season - good work! As I find with all Models Own nail polishes, Mellow Yellow was very thick and creamy and easy to work with. It did go on a little streaky the first coat but the second sorted that right out.

I had lots of comments on this polish actually, even from boys. I think this may be because it's a relatively unusual colour and as it's so pale it looks quite striking. The only thing I would say is that in certain totally artificial lights it looked a little as if I was wearing Tipp-Ex on my nails which isn't really a good look... However, I do love the colour and in natural light (as pictured above) it reminds me off that delicious yellow vanilla Cornish ice cream - yum! Next time I wear it I'm going to try and pair it with a brighter colour in some way as I think that will look fab too.

By Wednesday night, although my nails were still looking fine minus a little inevitable tip wear, I wanted a change. I love how easy it is to simply change your nail varnish and the difference that this can make to outfits. I work quite a few days a week and I have to wear the same dress every shift as it's my current uniform, so playing around with my nails, hair and make up can make me feel as if I look completely different. I decided to go for Barry M Nail Paint in Berry Ice Cream with Barry M's Hologram glitter over the top.

These nails look like a six year old girls dream. They're so tacky and over the top but that's what I like about them haha! I put two coats of Berry Ice Cream on and I originally intended to leave it at that as it's such a pretty colour. I then spotted Hologram which I'd completely forgotten I had so added two coats of that on top and voila - nails that Barbie would be proud of!

As for base and top coats, both times I used No7 So Smooth Base Coat and then my Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top Coat. Such a fab combination that make my nails super shiny and my nail polish last for ages! (I'll stop there though as I know how much I constantly ramble on about these two lovelies...)

What have you got on your nails at the moment? I have so much nail varnish but can ALWAYS be tempted to get more...

xx

19 comments:

  1. These colours are so cute!
    Love the yellow, very summery :) X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'd feel a lot more summery though if it hadn't been hailing today :( x

      Delete
  2. I don't own any yellow shades, I might have to purchase that one, it's really cute. My favourite colour at the moment is a collection 2000 polish in milkshake, it's a browny pink shade which is on the more neutral side so I can wear it to work!

    http://beautyembraced.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just had a look haha! It's really nice, I love a good nude! I'll add that to the list... x

      Delete
  3. Haha that's pretty impressive from your boyfriend, mine is just completely oblivious!
    I've got Models Own - purple blue on at the moment, they're my new obsession
    www.emmerliejay.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such an interesting colour! Is it thin? x

      Delete
    2. and P.S. It's only because he constantly hears me watching YouTube videos haha x

      Delete
  4. I love the bottom glittery one!
    Ps read your bio and I am equally obsessed with dogs and make up!


    Just to let you know, I'm having a little giveaway(click here!), which includes a Benefit Erase Paste :-)
    xxx
    http://laurenrmilor.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/late-100-followers-give-away.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, slight dog obsession (I have a tattoo of my dog to prove it haha). Thanks ! x

      Delete
  5. the mellow yellow is beautiful! I love buying nail varnish & i like to change it every week & then blog about what i've been wearing each month! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea, but it would be such a long post as I tend to change mine every few days haha - I'll check it out on your blog! x

      Delete
  6. right now i'm wearing "peach smoothie" by revlon..and it really smells like peaches! : ) i don't think your nails look tacky at all, i love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Mm, Peach Smoothie looks like such a nice subtle nudey pastel - I can't get enough of pastels at the moment! x

      Delete
  7. That yellow looks like the perfect pastel yellow! Must. Go. Get.

    http://itskerrysbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, just followed :) Loving the blog :D I really need to get that models own yellow, I've been searching everywhere for the perfect yellow and only have brights. Must buy!
    xx
    http://changingtidesofsummer.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, it's a bit of a different colour. As it's Models Own Pro I think they're only in certain larger Boots etc x

      Delete
  9. love the yellow!

    http://coveclothing.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...