Tuesday 17 April 2012

fotd: tuesday 17th april

Yes, that is my dressing gown!
Hello hello!

Here's a little peek at today's make up! I'm just doing some uni work then going to work this afternoon so I've kept my face relatively simple.

My skin was looking really dull and tired this morning (which I was sob), so I used Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation (in 100 Ivory) to make me look a bit more awake and healthier. I've been enjoying using this foundation for a little while now as it honestly does what it says on the tin and makes you look a lot brighter and more alert! I then buffed some L'Oreal Paris Lumi Magique Base Concentre de Lumiere across my cheekbones and temples to make my skin look even more healthy. (This product is a white pearly liquid that can be used under foundation as a radiance adding primer or as a highlighter.)

I next filled in my brows with a Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil (002 Hazel) and today decided to make them quite exaggerated and arched. Some days I try and make them look more natural but today I decided to make them quite defined! I then started on my eyes. As part of the fabulous Boots 3 for 2 offer I recently purchased a Revlon Colourstay Eyeshadow Palette in Addictive. This is a great little quad to create a natural daytime eye. I used the pale shimmery beige (top right) all over the eye and then defined my crease with the matte brown (bottom right). I then took the shimmery white from my No7 Smoky Rose Quad and used this as a highlight for my inner corner.

I did actually think about leaving my eyes there and adding some mascara but I fancied a thin line of liquid eyeliner so I used the Maybelline New York Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner in Black to trace along my upper lash line and ended with a small flick! To finish off my eyes, after curling my lashes I used Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara in Black - this stuff is brilliant! If you saw my wishlist the other day, then you might remember this product from there... well, I gave in and bought the full size! This is such a fab mascara so I think I may have to give it a review of its own!

To conceal my horrid baggy eyes I used Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer (Ivory) and also dabbed it on a few blemishes. I then powdered just my t-zone (I never powder my whole face) with Rimmel's Stay Matte Pressed Powder (001 Translucent). For blush I kept it simple with my Natural Collection blush in Sugar Plum.

When I'm wearing liquid eyeliner in the day I'm always conscious of my make up looking a bit too 'done' and over the top, so I had a look in my box of lipsticks for something nice and subtle. I chose a L'Oreal Caresse Lipstick in Lovely Rose which is a really feminine baby pink shade.

Phew! I really enjoy doing my make up in the morning so I hope you didn't mind me rambling on! If there are any products here which you would especially like a review of then just say and I'll do it ASAP :)

Hope you're all fab - horrid weather, lots of shifts at work then revision and essays for uni are making me feel so rubbish.

xx

9 comments:

  1. gorgeous! so fresh faced and pretty <3x

    ReplyDelete
  2. your make up is lovely and i´m loving your hair! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, my hair's a bit wet though so not quite looking its best haha x

      Delete
  3. your hair is a gorgeous color!

    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. really fresh look :) Love your hair! It's amazing! x

    abeliascorner.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...