Friday 27 April 2012

boots tea tree and witch hazel nose pore strips



I bought the Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Nose Pore Strips quite a few months ago now and I have used three of the six in the box, so I thought perhaps now would be the right time for a review.

When you take the strips out of the box, they come in another sachet to prevent bacteria getting to them. As you can see, inside these sachets are strips of felt like material with a sticky side, which is protected by a sheet of plastic. After wetting your nose, you apply the sticky side of the strip to your nose and leave on for about fifteen minutes, and in this time the strip will dry and tighten to your nose. While they are comfortable to wear, you do feel a slight tug when removing the strip, but this feels a little like taking a plaster off rather than being painful. So that's how you use them - but do they actually do anything?

Boots claims that these nose strips will instantly remove dirt and oil, help to remove blackheads and tighten pores and prevent future breakouts. I don't suffer from spots particularly, but I do have a couple of blackheads on my nose. I also have quite large pores on and around my nose, so anything which reduces the size of those appeals to me!

When you remove the strip, on close inspection you can see evidence of a few blackheads being removed (disgusting I know, hence why there is no after picture of the strip haha), but I don't really see any difference in terms of blackheads on my nose. However, the one positive of these strips is that I would say my pores do look a little smaller after use. The only thing is that my largest pores are actually around rather than on my nose so the strips obviously make no difference to those!

I personally don't think that these strips have made much of an impact on my skin at all and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone looking to remove great numbers of blackheads as I don't really think they do that much. I couldn't remember how much they were so I just had a look on the Boots website - £4.99 (so just over 80p a strip)! Definitely not worth even giving them a go!

xx

10 comments:

  1. I agree, not 100% effective but I do feel that my nose looks better after use. They are on 3 for 2 at the moment so if anyone does find them useful, now is the time to buy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think my pores look a little tighter but that's all really. Thanks for the heads up about the offer x

      Delete
  2. Hello lovely, i've been looking for a decent one for my pores and blackheads, do you know of any others that might be better?

    Megs xx
    www.wonderful--you.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't find that pore unblocking strips generally work but try the Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Daily Scrub - this stuff is incredible! I just had a look on the Boots website and it's only £4.69. Hope this helps, blackheads are so annoying! :) x

      Delete
  3. i love this boots range but i do a better job and getting them out than these strips!lol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore doing pore strips! I have ones for my chin, in between my brows and my nose! I did used to do them once a week but I haven't for 3 or so weeks now because I recently got my nose pierced so I kind of have no idea how to do it without messing with my piercing! I use different pore strips though, from the Poundshop and they are actually really good and you can always see they've worked from what's left on the strip! I have horrendous pores and one thing I would definitely recommended is two things I bought this week and after only 5 days I've already seen a massive difference! The Body Shop facial buffer, which I use for washing, cleansing and exofoliating my face, and the Good Things deep clean facial exfoliator, it's a m a z i n g !!! xo

    tattooedtealady.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks so much for the tips! I just found these ones so ineffective :( Do you know what the ones from Poundland are called so I can have a little peek next time I venture somewhere with one? (So much love for Poundland and 99p Store!) I'll have a look at the Body Shop buffer as well x

      Delete
  5. I have just discovered your blog, and I really like it! Your hair is such a gorgeous colour I'm a little jealous :) I also get black heads and not a damn thing will shift them! If you find anything, let me know!
    LittleLauraaxo
    http://littlelauraaxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Try the Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Daily Scrub, works a treat! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...